Seven Ways To Share Your Content To The LinkedIn Newsfeed
Have you added a Facebook Like button or a Re-Tweet Button to your website or blog?
But what about LinkedIn – especially if you are a B2B marketer or are looking to connect with the 85 million business community on LinkedIn? How can you share your own or other peoples content to your LinkedIn newsfeed? Here are seven options for your to consider:
1. Yes you can log into your LinkedIn account and add content to your newsfeed – customising the call to action is something I highly recommend. This is the usual way I share content into my LinkedIn newsfeed.
2. You could connect your Twitter and LinkedIn accounts – though take care to ensure that the content you syndicate from Twitter to LinkedIn is relevant for your network there.
3. You can use a content management tool like Hootsuite.com which enables you to link connect your LinkedIn account and schedule your updating of your LinkedIn newsfeed to a specific date and time.
4. Yesterday LinkedIn made available a LinkedIn Share button that you can access here. It is easy to customise, adding your URL of your website and then deciding which of the three buttons you want to use. Using this tool not only you but visitors to your site can share your content to their network. You generate the code and then can add it to your site. Though testing it today, I seemed to get an error when looking to share my site. Perhaps this is a bug?
But what if you want to share a specific page from your website or blog? You don’t want to have to add code each and every time to your site do you? Here are some additional options for you to consider:
5. Add the LinkedIn Share Button to your WordPress.org blog – thanks to Irish web developer Frank Prendergast – this will enable not only you but visitors to your blog share content to their LinkedIn network.
6. Use the ShareThis.com widget and customise the code so that the LinkedIn Share button is visible – if you are a WordPress.org user then there is a ShareThis plugin you can add to your site (both for pages and posts). I use this at the bottom of my articles and pages on my blog – again enabling visitors to my website to share content to their LinkedIn network.
7. Add the LinkedIn Bookmarket to your browser toolbar which means that you can share not just your own content but other peoples articles, videos and podcasts to your LinkedIn newsfeed as you browse across the web.
What options have I missed though – and what is your preferred way of sharing your own or other peoples content to LinkedIn?
If you find this article of assistance and interest, perhaps you might share it to your network on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter!
Seven Ways To Share Your Content To The LinkedIn Newsfeed is an article post from: Biz Growth News. Remember to join our Facebook Page to access 5 marketing tutorials.