25 Unmissable Social Media Articles Worth Reading This Weekend – 30th Apr
These are never breaking news stories but rather some of the deepest thinkers and smartest minds from the world of technology and social media, offering their thoughts and views regarding the biggest stories of the week.
You won’t make it through them all in one sitting but it’ll bring you up to speed with this week’s happenings. So just sit back, grab a coffee and enjoy.
- In the age of social media, the consumer really is king.
- How niche content sites can build and keep audiences.
- The real ‘Mobile First’ companies.
- Five tips for great content curation.
- You really can blame the Web for shrinking TV ratings – but you have to credit it for boosting TV, too.
- Rethinking Facebook’s role in ‘f-commerce’.
- Me and my data: how much do the internet giants really know?
- Why the drop in users on Pinterest doesn’t mean an awful lot.
- Why Microsoft’s mobile comeback is looking terrible.
- The rise of the social media curator.
- Why mobile business apps are attractive to venture capitalists.
- Before naming your startup, read this!
- It’s not a social media bubble but there is trouble ahead for some.
- The problem with startup advice.
- Freemium games are the ticket to app profits, study shows.
- Why investors should beware of Facebook’s Zuckerberg.
- Meet Google’s secret weapon for fighting Apple and Microsoft.
- Must read for founders: A VC explains how to build a killer value proposition.
- Are Kickstarter investors idiots or geniuses.
- How not to run an Instagram account: Vogue Spain caught stealing from a famous street photographer, landing them in hot water.
- Nokia: three big problems for deposed king of mobile phones.
- How ‘human-assisted reporting’ could help journalists find big stories.
- Perhaps Twitter spats about breaking news have diminished the value of ‘breaking news’.
- Twitter feeds as newspapers: a look at the tiny-printer trend.
- Why Apple’s growth hinges on China.
A brilliantly creative way of getting employees to complete boring or menial tasks, let alone fill out timesheets. Give them free beer, which we all know is the cause of and solution to all of life’s problems.